Return the favor

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

week #94 Mon. Dec. 21, 2014

Merry Christmas,
 
     No matter whether they believe in Jesus Christ or not. Almost everyone is excited to hear and say "Shengdanjie Kuaile" which means Merry Christmas! Which just makes the season that much more special as we get to do some of the greatest service during this season. This week was a little crazy, less time to proselyte, more things throwing our plans out of whack. But I'm happy. I come home everyday asking God for a confirmation that I did my best. I love the feeling when I do. When I know God is saying. "Elder Bean, I am pleased". Of course as usual we did the same this week as we usually do. We contacted our hearts out to everyone. Testifying. turning around suddenly on the street because we know that this message is more important than convenience. More important than work, food, sleep, and the things that these people are doing. The message we are sharing is That God has restored his gospel, he has revealed once again the plan of salvation, which tells us how to make it back to our Father in Heaven. 
     I spent a good amount of time studying the doctrine of the lessons we teach everyday. I am amazed at how deepening my understanding of those lessons doesn't make the things I know more complicated, further from the main message, but it makes it simpler, it makes sense, and I can testify of it so much easier. Everyday I study the beautiful truths within the Book of Mormon. I am amazed at how much of a miracle that it has come forth. Prophets prayed, fasted, begged that this would come to our day. They knew we would need it. I also will study Doctorine and Covenants, which has made me better understand that Joseph Smith had to be a prophet of God, we also need to have revelation in our daily life in order to make it back.
     We find, we teach, and we help people work towards baptism. To what purpose, to get good numbers to turn in...no. To increase our church population...no. The truth of the nature is because we love these people. The taiwanese people need these truths not just for exaltation (they do need it for that) but in their daily life. They need these truths that I have been blessed to grow up with. Without it they don't understand life in it's pure form.
     I know the church is true. I know that I am doing God's work. I love it. I love this season.
I testify that Christ is our savior, he is our way, he loves us. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Elder Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment