Return the favor

Friday, December 5, 2014

week #91 Monday, Dec. 1, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,
Well This week was a lot of contacting, a lot of contacting, and oh ya more contacting. But man I have a great companion. He's so motivated. Has a ton of energy, and he doesn't seem to be depressed. It's been great. So first Monday we went to our secondary area. Called Jiuru, to go meet with a member. Once we got there he said, "okay so I'm the only active male here in the ward, so we are gonna try and change that" So we went and visited 3 less actives in the area and met some great people that we can start working with. It was so cool. I've never had a member be so proactive about the work. I'm excited Pingdong is a good place.
Then Tuesday we had Mission Tour. It was great. I learned a ton, I was super excited to work. We went out and worked, hard. We contacted everywhere we went, invited everyone we could to learn more. and nothing. nothing. nothing. What were we doing wrong, no one was setting up. Then the answer hit me. Who were we relying on. We were relying on ourselves. I decided then we needed to say a prayer. We asked God to bless us and help us to find more success. The next thing we did is we contacted a park and ran into a bunch of people who not only were interested, THEY WERE WILLING TO SET UP!!! It was a miracle. We found ten people that day who were willing to learn more. 
This work is God's work. I know it is. I can not deny it. I love the Lord my God. I love the scriptures. I love the work.
 
Elder Bean
p.s.- finished reading the old testament this week. Now I'm reading Doctrine and Covenants, then I will have read the entire standard works while being on a mission. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment