Return the favor

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

week #92 Monday, Dec. 7, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,
 
     This week was a pretty great week. We had a lot of small miracles. We worked really hard and we are starting to see a change in the work. We are still contacting, but about Friday I was sitting there thinking....Wait we are missing a huge margin. I then realized that we needed to start focusing on Part Member Families. So we've been brainstorming a ton. We got a list from the bishop of Part Member families so now we have to go and try and set up times to go and visit them. 
Lately I've been studying the Doctrine and Covenants, and I feel like it is so easy to tell it is the word of God. Every time I open it up I usually feel edified and uplifted. I think it is amazing to know that we have living prophets in our dispensations. We can hear the Lord's voice once again, like in olden days. I love it, I think it's great.
     We are really trying to put some effort into working with the ward. I feel like we are starting to know the people, we are starting to understand Pingdong, and now I definitely feel that The Lord can and will help us find great people to bring into the church here in Pingdong.
     There was a really cool kid (11 years old) that we got to work with this week. The sisters met w/ a boy about 5 months ago, but he went to Taibei for a few months. They finally ran into him again and let us start meeting w/ him. He came to church on Sunday and loved it. It was a great experience for him. He had people friendship him, he felt very attached to the church. He told me that he reads and prays still. It is amazing how little kids are so able to follow Jesus Christ and it isn't to hard for them to do. We shared lesson two, the plan of salvation w/ him yesterday and he loved it. It made sense to him and he was able to explain why he needs Jesus Christ in this plan. He's a great one. He will definitely be a great member someday. 
     Thursday we had our Christmas Activity with all the missionaries in our mission, I have pictures but my computer won't read my camera, so maybe another day....
    Well I am still loving the work a lot, I am continually studying the Book of Mormon, Preach my Gospel, and I'm touched everyday by the spirit those two books can bring into my day. I know that God leads this work, I know that the church is true, and I know that Christ lives. 
 
w/ love
 
Elder Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment