Return the favor

Sunday, March 16, 2014

week #52 Monday, March 2, 2014



Hey,

 So another week has happenend, what's even weirder the movecall ended. And here's the results,,,drumroll please......ELDER LIESKE AND I ARE TOGETHER FOR YET ANOTHER MOVECALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were super excited when we got the call, I'm still district leader, the zone leaders and sisters in our area aren't changing either. The other elders are switching out, but other than that, our distircs pretty much the same.
So this week, we started off with a ton set up, we were just meeting with a ton of people, it was crazy. We had no idea why, but on p-day we had about 4 lessons, and we were like...ok that's cool. Then Wednesday we had 5 or 6 and we were like, yes! It was all going pretty good. Wednesday we had an English party, we did a birthday party, played games like duck duck goose, musical chairs, had cake, it was really fun, I think our class enjoyed it. This Thursday we had our DTM (district training meeting) on finding, Elder Sumsion said it was really good, which is a good sign. I'm really excited when the zone leaders have a good opinion of the DTM's. 
 
Then for some reason, no one was setting up to meet. It was super weird....but then we found out this weekend is a three day holiday, so a lot of guiren people went out of town. So we were pushing really hard to get our new investigator's because that's all we needed to hit our standards this week. Sadly we had nothing set up, so we tried the alternate way. We went tracting, and despite the fact Elder Lieske and I aren't that good at tracting we got into the houses we needed to. Got the new investigator's for the week. It's so crazy how a prayer of faith can put our abilities over the top. 

We've also been trying new things to help the ward invite their friends to hear more about the church. We've been giving everyone our tracts and inviting them to give it to a friend. We'll see how that works. Yesterday both Elder Lieske and I bore our testimonies in sacrement meeting. I talked about one of my favorite scriptures Alma 26:27 (have that one memorized now). And how the Lord has his hand in the work here in Guirren, I told them that I knew he's prepared plenty of people here in Guiren, I told them I know that he lives and he's been helping the work so much in Guiren. I really do know that this is true. I know that Christ lives and he has called me to serve here. I know that this is not a work inspired of man, but of God. 
 
Until next week,
Elder Bean

p.s.1 year down, crazy how time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment