Return the favor

Sunday, February 16, 2014

week #50 &51 Mon. Feb. 17, 2014 & Feb. 23, 2014



Hey family and Friends,

     So yet another week has gone by and boy was it fun. So last week we finished tuning the guitar and played that and goofed off for p-day. Then on Tuesday we did exchanges w/ the Tainan 2nd Elders, we sent the juniors down there and Elder Bak and I came back to Guiren, we did good. Had fun, but most importantly I feel like we both grew a lot. It's definitely different leading exchanges now. I remember when it used to be my companion worrying about them and I'd just go w/ the flow, but now it's completely my responsibility to check these companionships are doing well, make sure they are ok and see if there is anything I can do to help them. We had a great lesson w/ a new investigator that started out kind of lacking a huge burst of spirit. We just taught a bit about God, and then as we were ending he asked "Where do people go after they die, my friend died and I've always felt a little sad about it" Elder Bak and I immediately shared some scriptures and we felt the gospel's truths apply to him. I'm so excited to help him. 
     Wednesday, we came back, had English Class (people came again yay!). We went on another exchange w/ the zone leaders this Friday. I went w/ Elder Sumsion, so that was way fun. We've been wanting to go on exchanges since we were in Gangshan together. It was super awesome. We had some great lessons, but the coolest part was our investigator passed his baptismal interview. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!!!! So this week we'll be baptizing. I'm so excited as is the ward. We are definitely gonna be working hard to make sure it happens. Our area is honestly blossoming. I love Guiren, it's filled w/ miracles. We have people set to be baptized every month through April, and I think It might even increase more so as we keep working. Elder Lieske and I are trying our hardest to make this area set, we don't know what will happen in two weeks when the move calls over, but b/c we work so well together we are a bit worried it might end. But we also have received inside word that President like us together, so it could go either way. 
     Well I guess that's all, I'm approaching the year mark in the next too weeks, I feel old. However, I have learned so much in this past year. From how to speak Chinese, read, write, I've learned how to work w/ companions (that was probably the hard one). I have learned more about the truthfulness of the gospel. I've learned the value of being patient, giving people time. I have learned that honestly the mission isn't just to help the church grow (it still does) but it is to help all of us shape into what we can become, The Lord's servants are to help bring in the kingdom of God.

Love ya all, until next week,

Elder Bean

Feb. 23rd

Well Here's the next week,

So this week was what our mission calls Power week. Basically b/c of Guonian(Chinese New Years) there was a small decrease in the numbers of the mission. In response to that our mission has a week where everyone cuts there studies in half (except language that gets completely killed off). We don't schdule any meals, we eat on the go. Some missionaries are upset about it and decided to complain but then there's other missionaries (us) who get excited for it, we put our heart into it and end up at the end of the week almost dead w/ no energy. IT WAS AWESOME! 
So first monday we had power cleaning day, that was just boring and not that fun, but we did it, then went out and met w/ a former family, they were nice, we aren't sure how interested in the gospel they are but they were really nice. We'll see how they progress over time.
Then Tuesday the real week began. Every day we were given a goal to complete and if we did it we could call president Blickenstaff and say "Mission accomplished" Well the first goal was hand out 13 book of mormon's on the street and get there information and try and set up a time w/ them. This was hard b/c Taiwanese won't take stuff from you. No matter how much you insist. But finally in the last moments we placed our 13th book of mormon. One cool thing is that we got a really golden investigator from that. He met w/ us the next day, and he said he'd been looking for the gospel but didn't know where to turn. Then we showed up, he set a date to be baptized and everything on the first date. Wednesday was pretty good, we were supposed to "add" 20 people in the day. We didn't hit it b/c it was really cold so no Taiwanese were outside we still manged to get 8 (which is still really high for us. Then thursday we met w/ a lot of people, but didn't hit our goal of giving 5 people on the street a week E goal on the spot. We gave out 1 but the it was a lot harder than I thought. Friday we went to our farthest secondary in Longqi, it's basically mountains as far as the eye can see, and very little people live there. It was so fun, we found a really nice family, but they didn't want to meet anytime soon, maybe someday down the road. We got our mission acomplished that day by confirming 15 people for church. Then Saturday we had a baptism w/ Shi dixiong. How great is that. It was pretty good, except for the fact it takes 3 hours to fill the font. Guess when we found that out.....about 30 minutes before the baptism........ya it was pretty crazy. We used every bucket and sink in the church and tried adding as much water as we could. still barely got enough water. I felt so bad it was pretty chaotic, but the member who baptized him did a great job the next day reminding us all of saints back in the beginning of the church who would get baptized in places w/ ice in the water and it could have been a lot worse. Yesterday we had a huge conference a mission conference. The General Bishop of the Church met w/ our entire mission, and it was so good. It was fun to see all my past companions, talk w/ a bunch of missionaries, and past friends. We got home pretty late b/c we had to ride a train from taichung to tainan, then an hour bike ride from the station to our apartment. ya

Well This was awesome but I am tired so today I'm just gonna rest. I got 4 of the 7 goals this week, It was definitely fun getting to call President and tell him mission accomplished then here him sing the mission impossible song for us. Not only that but I've seen us push ourselves beyond where we have been before I feel this week has helped me improve my contacting a lot and I love you all next weeks my year mark so that'll be weird until next time.

Love ya 
Elder Brandon Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment