Return the favor

Monday, December 9, 2013

week #39 Monday, Dec. 2, 2013

Hey Everyone,

So this week was pretty great (as usual). Elder Pao and I are trying to get a bunch of things done before the move call ends next week. So main things that happened was this week we've been trying to find some more investigators. Trying to find a service opportunity. And we've been fighting the cold. 

So this week we had a mission tour. Elder Funk (the Seventy who spoke during priesthood session about Spiritual power) came and visited our mission and it was crazy spiritually powerful. I explained it more in Dad's recording but long story short is, He helped us understand teaching with spiritual power. He challenged us to pray for a testimony of the Missionary Lessons, and to be worthy of the spirit. We learned a ton of stuff and I just felt ready to go preach the gospel. It was super cool and crazy. 

This week was also freezing. Like I'm sure most of you will be rolling your eyes, but I was wearing long sleeves, my suit coat, Elder Pao was wearing a scarf, but in the end it was probably 50's or lower 60's, I don't believe it got below 50 all week. But we did manage to have a small thanksgiving, just chicken and the sisters made pumpkin pie for us all. So it was a nice small thanksgiving. 

Saturday, there was a huge baptism and a huge wedding, not even from our zone, but it was at our chapel. So we had to help host it, it was interesting to see the huge difference. We also had our bishop's son's baptism that we helped set up. There was such a drastic difference where the spirit was so peaceful at the Bishop's sons, such a nice feeling, there wasn't a large display, fancy clothes, not a ton of food, there wasn't even that many people, but the spirit was very subtle, and I actually liked the spirit there a lot more. It's funny how that works. 

Well, the only other thing that happened this week is, we found a service opportunity, we're gonna try and work at a special needs day care. There's one right down the street from us. So that's our plan, we are super excited, we'll see what happens. 

Ummmmmm, that's most of the highlights of the week, I'm sure next week will be full of adventures. But I will say, I know the Book of Mormon is true, it is the word of God, I know that Jesus Christ came and visited the Americas and shared his Ministry with these people called the Nephites. I know he still lives. 奉耶穌基督阿們
 
Love you all. Until next week.

Love 
Elder Brandon Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment