Return the favor

Monday, September 9, 2013

week #27 Monday, Sept. 9, 2013

Hey Everyone,

So it's been a great week, we've seen some miracles and had some great adventures. First off, the rain has finally ended. YESSSSSSS!!!! Then we went to Gaoxiong, went the 39 kuai store (the equivalent of a dollar store) I got some pretty cool ties there, for a total of 5 dollars, pretty cool. Taught English, for the last time here in Gangshan, super sad to have, but also really cool. I taught them all the damper song. That was pretty great. A lot of my students told me I how much they were gonna miss me and stuff. Had a great spiritual share, we watched Joseph Smith movie. Ya. 

Then we went on exchanges again but I was with Elder Lazenby, the new missionary in our 4 man.  It was super fun. I was so glad I had the opportunity to hang with him and get to work with him. We talked to a ton of people, and we got quite a few new investigator's for him. It was way cool to see how much more fluent I am than I used to be in Chinese. 

We've gotten some new baptismal dates, one of the recordings below talk a bit about that. This week we had an awesome chance to have a movie party with the ward, we watched the Joseph Smith, a prophet of the restoration movie, in Chinese. It's the same one they show at the temple visitor centers. None of the members have seen that before because  they technically haven't translated it yet. But Elder Casperson had a friend in another area who got permission from an area seventy to translate it and just say at the beginning that it was not the churches translations, but ya works out great, right?

Almost done with an entire box of characters, I've learned 840 characters, I have about a 88% retention rate of those so that's pretty cool I guess. I'm in 1 Nephi 11 in Chinese (w/ characters) so that's crazy. Had 140 people at church.

Ya, so also Prayer has been so amazing this week. I was given an invite to follow the prayer pattern in Preach My Gospel more in my personal prayer's. It is amazing the difference in prayers.  I always said I knew God was listening to our prayers, but now I know that he isn't just listening but he is also speaking. I was so grateful for that invite it has made such a difference in my prayers and my relationship with Heavenly Father. I know that He cares about everyone of his children and He has a desire for them to come to him, and I'm so grateful I can be his servant here in Gangshan. I'm sure gonna miss this place, but I know that I will be needed somewhere else. I love you all, can't wait to here from you next week.

Elder Brandon Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment