Return the favor

Saturday, January 31, 2015

week #97 Monday, Jan. 12, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,
 
Well what a great week we had. I am loving the work. It is great. We have been working hard and we are seeing successes. We met with a great family this week who was all willing to meet with us again. The father is a baker and gave us plenty of treats to bring home. I'm super excited to work with them. The father has asked that we give him american recipes so if you think of any to send... He'd love it. 
 
This week I have finished yet another goal... I have read the entire standard works on my mission. That's right, I read the new testament the first half of my mission. I spent a good 8 months on the old testament (and pearl of great price). and In the last 5ish weeks I have now finished the Doctrine and Covenants. The church is true. I love the scriptures. They are all amazing. Read them! Please read the scriptures if there is anything someone should get from my letters, let them know that the scriptures really are some of the greatest things in our possession. I love it all. From the Book of Mormon being one of the most life changing books in the world. The most true and un-altered scripture we have. It is the pure word from God. I will ever be greatful for it. Then the New Testament. So much is in that book of scripture. I love reading about the Savior, how he responds to his disiples, how he shows so much love, so amazing. Then the Old Testament. Has some of the craziest most epic stories that are ever written. There is no way they aren't true. The prophets of old are such a proof that we need prophets in our day. Then the Doctrine and Covenants are such an inspiration. They are straight from the prophet's revelation. He spoke with God. Joseph Smith is a revelator, prophet and seer. He is God's chosen servant and the church has been restored on the earth. I know that all those books are from God. I know because I have read them for myself. I have felt the words radiate with truth as I study them. I know God does reveal his word to us in these days. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Love you all!
Elder Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment