Return the favor

Monday, May 26, 2014

week #63 Monday, May 18, 2014

Dear Family,

Yet another week has raced by. We've been busy trying to help the area in a multitude of different ways. We've spent a lot of the week finding. We've seen a lot of success. I'm excited for the upcoming week. 
This week we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders.  I felt like it helped me a ton. I was with Elder Sumsion.  He's so much fun to serve with. It was a blast, we went and taught, found, and talked a ton about what we can do to be better missionaries. There was a member in the ward that just invited her friend to hear more about the gospel. She was so excited it was a great. Showed how much it'll help members when they start sharing the gospel. They will feel a fire for the work.
This week is definitely one of those trial weeks. They come and they go. They make us work harder, look for alternates, but they test us. There is still lot's to learn, and the only way to learn some of these things is by failing. Sometimes we don't even know what kind of missionary we are until we are coming back home every night, exhausted, we talked to everyone we could about the gospel, and we are willing to get up and work again. God has had several of his prophets tested, hardened israelites, prideful kings, wicked judges. They were chased out, spit upon, even killed. But that didn't stop them, it didn't mean they were bad teachers, but it was God's test for them. I haven't been kicked out of Guiren, I haven't been spit upon, or tortured to death. Until that day I have no reason to back down. I know this church is true. I know Jesus Christ is everyone's redeemer, both westener and eastener's. I know God loves everyone on the earth and I am so blessed to be able to go find his children here in Guiren.

Love you all,
Elder Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment