Return the favor

Monday, February 23, 2015

week #103 Monday, Feb. 23, 2015

Dear Friends and Family,

     So it was a great week. It was Guonian (Chinese New Year). So in other words all of our investigators decided to go out of town. Which meant.....We got to do a lot of finding. It was a great experience. We put ourselves out there we contacted and.....Everyone we talked to lives outside of our area. So we sent a ton of referrals out but hadn't found anyone in our area who was willing to meet. Then Saturday came around and we went tracting and after saying a prayer.... Our 2nd door we tracted had a lady sitting inside and she saw us and said. "Come on in!" She invited her husband to come in and we shared about our church. They seemed more than willing to act on our message and learn more. They were so great. Then Sunday night came and we went and visited a man who self contacted us. He lives in poor conditions, and seems to have a rough life. But as we shared the principles of the gospel, he seemed excited, he seemed ready. And then we invited him to be baptized and.....HE ACCEPTED!!! He set a goal for the 28th of March. Which is super cool. He also said he'd be willing to come to Stake Conference this week. It was a great experience. 
     So I'm sure plenty of you are aware my time is coming to a close. I think my body is trying to fight it off, or Satan doesn't want me to end my mission.  So far in the last week, I've crashed my bike, I hit my head on my windowsill on accident when I was sleeping. I've woken up to a huge earthdquake, And I've lost a ton of sleep. So if I can ask for any prayer it's that I won't die before I have to go home. Saftey prayers are always welcomed. 
    But on a more spiritual note. Today I was studying in 1 Nephi in the 17th chapter. I read the verse that talked about Nephi going up to the mountain, him hearing the Lord ask him to build a ship and he gladly accepts. First thing I thought about when I read that passage was...."why did the Lord ask Nephi, why not Lehi?" I pondered for about 3 minutes reading and re-reading. Then I started to realize, wait how old is Nephi. I saw he was prolly somewhere between the age of 20 and 25. This is right around my age. I thought about how I get to be a part of such a great work, despite he has plenty of great teachers in the church. He has power house testimonies, and yet he sends me out to do this, he has sent me to help build his ship. He allows us at this point in our lives to take on a part of his work. He needs us to learn, to grow, and get closer to him. 
     I'm loving the work, I love being a missionary, I love you all.
Elder Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment