Return the favor

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Week #104 Monday, March 2, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,
 
Well the countdown is getting pretty small. Don't worry I'm still working but man it's kinda freaky. So new missionaries finally made it on the island and drumroll please...... I'm staying but Elder Tatton is moving. He went up to Taizhong so I'll see him one last time before I get on the plane. My new companion is Elder Chen. He's a native missionary. 18, from Taibei, seems pretty cool. He's spent the last 6 months in Guiren (oh how I miss that place) but things look like they'll be a good 2 weeks. 
 
This week we were so busy. Always contacting and visiting investigators. Trying to help as many people as we could. We have been trying our best to help our current progressing investigator's keep progressing, that seems to be where we are struggling. So we hope to help them read and pray more. 
 
For mom's purpose, yes, this week was better, no sickness, no injuries, and I slept great. It was a good week on the safety side. (yay). I got to see Elder Shang at stake conference yesterday because  he studies at a nearby college. That was really fun. 
 
sooooooooo I'm sorry I'm blanking again. Oh here was a cool story, so this week for District Training Meeting (the meeting I have to lead and train my district every week) was my choice. The morning of I had no idea what I wanted to share so I prayed, studied, then I felt like working on "asking inspired questions".  So I made my DTM plans, felt good about it, but then we got to DTM and I didn't feel like it was right.  We started, we talked a little bit about our investigators... and then I felt like the topic I prepared wasn't right, so I completely switched topics, made up a new DTM on the spot. I could tell the spirit was leading, so I followed it, and it was one of my better DTM's. It's so cool when we see the spirit in the work. 
 
Ya, that was this week. I'm doing great. I will have a better email next week. 
 
I love you all!
Elder Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment