Return the favor

Monday, June 10, 2013

week #14 Monday, June 10th, 2013

Hey Everyone!

It's been a great week, we had a Zone Training Meeting, and a Zone Conference Meeting. So in this e-mail I decided to just talk about everything that I could think of. 1st they have the craziest milk here. We don't ever get normal milk b/c it's too expensive, so normally we usually just get soy milk which once you get used to it. bucuo (not bad). But on the other side we have gotten apple, banana, and malt milk. They also have chocolate, strawberry, watermelon, papya, and mango, basically every kind of flavor imaginable. So that's one thing I felt like bragging about, Go Crazy kinds of MILK!

We had our zone meetings, it was fun to see a lot of people I knew in the MTC, and what's crazier is to realize I've been on the island for a month now, man time flies by fast. President and Sister Bishop used these meetings as a final goodbye to all the missionaries, the Blichenstaffs come on the island on the 28th of this month. It was really sad to see them so nostalgic and sad about leaving. However, it was also a way crazy awesome meeting, that I felt like just going and serving w/ my all. So it was good. 

Last week for family home evening, one of  the elders had gotten a package w/ a bunch of dry ingredients (stuff that wouldn't get confiscated, that he could use to make his favorite kind of cake (better than whatever).  It was so good, especially since we had to make homeade cool whip, since that doesn't exist in Taiwan. It was really good, great refreshment for FHE. 

 
Also we got bunkbeds and air conditioning this week. So that was awesome/hectic. We've had to spend a lot of time putting together bunk beds, and being at the apartment for the A/C men. Not fun, but it's helped me w/ study time. 

So president Blichenstaff comes in the 28th, he's from California (born in Utah) He looks like Uncle Jack's age, and served in Taipei, wonder if they know each other? All their kids are out of the house, they seem super nice, still haven't met them obviously. 

On Friday, we went on an exchange w/ the assistants. I was with Elder Erekson.  He also went to Lone Peak (as did the other assistant).  He's been on the island for quite a while. He is super funny, and great and talking to everyone, such an inspiration to literally try and teach everyone you find. I hope I can be more like him throughout my mission. 

This week we have been teaching a lot of new investigators, and it's been so great, I think we are going to see a lot of baptisms this summer. Which is good, our ward needs them. (every ward needs them) I'm so excited for these diligent awesome investigators. 

Well that's everything, I just want to say I love being a missionary, there is an adventure everyday, I see miracles on a regular basis, and I meet so many great people. I Know that my Redeemer lives, I know He has His hand in this work, I know the church is true, I know the Book of Mormon is the true word of God. I love you all. 

Love Elder Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment